King Donald

King Donald
America’s first king since George III?

Flag USA

Flag USA
Long may it wave

FACTS NOT FASCISM

FACTS NOT FASCISM

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

The Voter's Diary

Just back from voting


I have just finished my public duty of voting in the federal election of 2016.  The process was quick, a little intimidating, but mostly pain-free.  The voter identifying process was a bit painful as this was never required in years past.  Also, having to show my I.D. twice instead of once seemed unnecessary.  The purpose seemed to be to keep anyone without an I.D. from even entering the polling place.

Otherwise, the ballot itself was simple, of the optical scan variety.  I was able to vote a straight party ballot (though not because the ballot was set up this way).  I also made my choice on two proposed state Constitutional amendments.

Now that the voting part is over I am looking forward to a nice holiday season.  I am also hoping certain politicians can remember what is truly important in this life and what is of secondary importance.  Our country is important, but of more importance is our way of life, our values.  To the end that voting reinforces our values, may today be a day of purpose and -- to the extent possible -- pleasure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment to "The Musical Patriot." Moderation is used on this blog to help prevent spam and other inappropriate messages. Please complete this form so your comment may be processed for possible inclusion on the blog. Thank you for being a reader of "The Musical Patriot!"

Featured Post

Bill Clinton Warns on Rising Nationalism

Rush Link -- Bill Clinton on Rise of Nationalism