The only wave to be seen is in the U.S. House where a number of gerry-mandering schemes have tilted the scales toward Republican control for several years now.
Think what a Republican Congress would mean:
* Threats of government shut-down likely, resulting in real government paralysis with a loss of U.S. credit and prestige around the world
* Increased efforts to end Social Security as we know it, threatening both current and future retirees
* Legislation to stop the Affordable Health Care program and return us to a lone-ranger form of health care where the wealthy thrive and the sick falter and die
* Weakening or elimination of environmental laws leading to newly-fouled streams and even dirtier air
* A reversal of efforts to under-gird and support alternative-energy sources
* Opposition to any court nominees who don't pass the litmus test of the Tea Partiers
... and much more. Of course with a Democratic President in office the threat of a veto looms, and a closely-divided Senate could hardly expect to marshal very many, if any, veto over-rides.
Thus, the biggest concern would be governmental paralysis at a very dangerous time in national and world affairs. We simply cannot afford such a situation.
If you are a conservative, vote for the most conservative Democrat you can or simply don't vote in that race. Whatever you do, don't vote for any Republican politician -- he or she is simply too close to big-money power interests.
The choice is yours. This truly is an election of extreme importance. As Harry Truman said, Vote for Yourself!**
** And, thankfully, a vote along these lines is also a vote for our dear country and all those living in it.