Flag USA

Flag USA
Long may it wave

FACTS NOT FASCISM

FACTS NOT FASCISM

Friday, March 07, 2014

A Musical Life

My musical life is continuing -- as a performer and an educator. Primarily, I am an educator. Recently, I was asked to begin teaching at a local Y.M.C.A. This was quite interesting to me, as I didn't know "the Y" had that much of an interest in music. But apparently, exercising one's fingers is just as important as exercising the rest of one's body! Private teaching is also a pleasure. As I reported here recently, I had the opportunity to play for a high school musical. This particular run featured the songs of George and Ira Gershwin. The rehearsal process was very trying to say the least. The performances, however went well. It was edifying to see high schoolers handle roles greatly beyond their years. I questioned somewhat the appropriateness of this, even though it is quite common in high schools. In other words, does playing roles of decadent adults contribute to one's understanding of solid morality? With this particular group of mature young people I think that will not be a problem. However, it may be less mature adults who weren't so well impacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment to "The Musical Patriot." Moderation is used on this blog to help prevent spam and other inappropriate messages. Please complete this form so your comment may be processed for possible inclusion on the blog. Thank you for being a reader of "The Musical Patriot!"

Featured Post

Bill Clinton Warns on Rising Nationalism

Rush Link -- Bill Clinton on Rise of Nationalism