King Donald

King Donald
America’s first king since George III?

Flag USA

Flag USA
Long may it wave

FACTS NOT FASCISM

FACTS NOT FASCISM

Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Man Named Don

This evening while leaving the public library I was accosted by an ordinary man, about 45-50 years in age. Don, as he introduced himself, was stranded with no way to make a 54-mile trip home. Don was very polite, did not lay on any heavy guilt, but stated his dilemma simply and pleasantly. He asked for help. As it was already 9 o'clock, perhaps you can guess what my decision was.

I was truly sorry I was not able to help Don on this particular occasion, although I did give him my business card. Although Don was not homeless, there was the chance he would end up without a place to stay for the night.

According to the National Coalition for the Homeless an estimated 3.5 million people or 1% of the population are homeless at some point in any given year. Needless to say this is an astonishing number. Having experienced homelessness myself, I know what a difficult circumstance it truly is.

That there should be homelessness in a country as rich and beautiful as this is deeply shameful and simply should not be at all. I hope to give more information about this problem soon. For now, may we remember those who are homeless on this and every night until the problem is resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment to "The Musical Patriot." Moderation is used on this blog to help prevent spam and other inappropriate messages. Please complete this form so your comment may be processed for possible inclusion on the blog. Thank you for being a reader of "The Musical Patriot!"

Featured Post

Bill Clinton Warns on Rising Nationalism

Rush Link -- Bill Clinton on Rise of Nationalism