Flag USA

Flag USA
Long may it wave

FACTS NOT FASCISM

FACTS NOT FASCISM

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Aftershock" is Electric


I continued reading the book Aftershock over the week-end. I began skipping around a bit; apparently I don't need as much convincing as some people that the economy is in dangerous territory. So I began learning about which areas of the economy were worse than others and what I might do to protect myself. Then I began learning of how I might change careers or at least strengthen myself in my current field. Fascinating reading, all. People can sense and even know that we are in strange times. What most people do not understand is that we are in a bubble economy, not just an ordinary "downturn." The latter term is merely cheer-leading, according to the authors, and I agree. My own research showed me a number of years ago that the economy has been largely financialized, meaning turned away from the making of traditional physical and useful products to investment "products," which are products of a very different kind.* Our job as Americans, or citizens of the world's countries, is to get the facts. In the U.S. we had a famous TV show called "Dragnet," which some may remember. In the show the detective was forever saying, "Just the facts, ma'am." This is where we must start. Aftershock is a big help in establishing the facts. Only with the facts can we make a plan. And only with a plan can we take effective action. With the facts, there is at least hope. *See The Financialization of Daily Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment to "The Musical Patriot." Moderation is used on this blog to help prevent spam and other inappropriate messages. Please complete this form so your comment may be processed for possible inclusion on the blog. Thank you for being a reader of "The Musical Patriot!"

Featured Post

Bill Clinton Warns on Rising Nationalism

Rush Link -- Bill Clinton on Rise of Nationalism